Sunday, August 19, 2012

Fat Jesus' WWE Summerslam 2012 Predictions

 This is the grand 25th Anniversary of WWE's now "Biggest Party of the Summer". I love the Summerslam event and for they most part they've never disappointed me. This is like the Wrestlemania of the Summer and they usually go all out. And I think, from what's been announced, it will be a decent show.

Santino (United States Champion) vs Antoino Cesaro w/Aksana in a isngels match for the United States Champion
This is just another pre-PPV blech filler match. Although this has potential more than the others. Santino is decent enough when given time and Cesaro is very nice raw talent. Hopefully a decent match occurs here.
Winner (New United States Champion): Antonio Cesaro

Kofi Kingston and R-Truth vs Prime Time Players (Darren Young/Titus O'Neil) in a tag team match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
I don't know why but I love the Prime Time Players. I don't mind Truth and Kofi but they have no reason to have the belts as they're never on TV. As bad as AW screwed up, that could only help PTP. I don't mind fresh faces with decent talent getting a chance to shine.
Winners (New WWE Tag Team Champions): Prime Time Players

Kane vs Daniel Bryan in a singles match
This match was thrown in I believe cause they've feuded before and Bryan and his "No No No" have NO match. They've had matches before and they've been solid. So I have no reason to think this will be bad. I just think it's out of no where. Filler, but good filler I hope.
Winner: Daniel Bryan

The Miz (Intercontinental Champion) vs Rey Mysterio in a singles match for Intercontinental Championship
 Yet another match to throw in to complete a card. But this has potential to be great. Even though it's probably here to give Rey the title, it should be decent enough. Miz has grown to hold his own and as long a Rey doesn't botch too much they can have a decent little match.
Winner (And still Intercontinental Champion): The Miz

Triple H vs Brock Lesnar w/Paul Heyman in a singles match
This match has definitely had the most hype behind it. This is Triple H's first match since Wrestlemania and Brock's second match since returning. Like Heyman said this won't be a match this will be more of a brawl/fight. I wouldn't be surprised if Steph came out also, even with what happened to Shawn on Monday, I think we'll have an appearance as well. This can be fairly good I think, like his match with Cena. I'm just worried it will take precedence over other, bigger, matches.
Winner: Brock Lesnar

Chris Jericho vs Dolph Ziggler w/Vickie Guerrero in a singles match 
This could and probably will be the match that steals the show. This also one of the few matches that had a build I was interested in. Jericho is one of my all time favorites and Ziggler, to me, is the top performer right now in the WWE. He has Vickie which garners him even more heel heat and Money in the Bank which almost guarantees him the world title. This match will be VERY good I think.
Winner: Dolph Ziggler

Sheamus (World Heavyweight Champion) vs Alberto Del Rio in a singles match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Not much more to say about this one than their Money in the Bank match. It will go on early and it will be good at best. They really need to find someone that meshes more with Del Rio (maybe Rey or Cody) and get Sheamus into a feud with Ziggler or Christian.
Winner (And still World Heavyweight Champion): Sheamus

CM Punk (WWE Champion) vs John Cena vs Big Show in a triple threat match for the WWE Champion
I have no clue why Big Show is in this match, he's literally just there. Also I'm asking why not make it a Fatal Four Way and throw in Bryan? As much as I love Punk though Cena hasn't had the title in ages and they made him fail the Money in the Bank cash in he had. The Punk turn is going well and I like him in a heel role more. He's just better at it. Anywho this could be a decent match Big Show is solid enough and we know Punk and Cena can have fantastic matches. Somehow I'm sure this won't be the main event and if it is, I'll be surprised.
Winner (And new WWE Champion): John Cena

Winners
Antonio Cesaro (New United States Champion)
Darren Young/Titus O'Neil (New WWE Tag Team Champions)
Daniel Bryan
The Miz (Retains Intercontinental Championship)
Brock Lesnar
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus (Retains World Heavyweight Championship)
John Cena (New WWE Champion)

No comments:

Post a Comment