Saturday, September 17, 2011

WWE Night of Champions 2011 Picks


Two posts in 24 hours? I guess if I'm going to come back on a PPV weekend then I'd need to post my picks for the PPV aka Night of Champions. I think it'll be a solid enough PPV and oddly enough in my eyes the main event isn't even a title match haha. So lets get this started and I'll post my picks and a few thoughts about each match.


Cody Rhodes (Intercontinental Champion) vs Ted DiBiase in a singles match for the Intercontinental Championship
This match is obviously for Cody Rhodes' Intercontenintal Championship. It as just added after Smackdown aired and Ted DiBiase attacked Cody Rhodes and gave him a beatdown after the opening segment. Now the past couple months Cody has been "mentoring" DiBiase, and captured the ICC title from Ezekiel Jackson during this time. DiBiase hasn't been doing so hot in singles matches and after he lost to Orton a few weeks back he got a beatdown by Rhodes and a paper bag put on his head. On Smackdown Friday Rhodes was running around ringside point out all the people who needed paper bags, DiBiase has a paper bag on and ambushed Rhodes and gave him a beatdown leading to this match. I think it'll be a good match, I've been on Cody Rhodes bandwagon since the "Dashing" gimmick and even though Ted has been buried as of late I know he can put on a good match. There's no way in hell he's going to take the off Rhodes but this could be a nice match and feud.
Winner: Cody Rhodes


Kelly Kelly (Divas Champion) vs Beth Phoenix in a singles match for the Divas Championship
Long story short. The Divas of Doom, Beth Phoenix and Natalya, hate the Barbie-like Divas that have taken over the WWE. Too bad for Kelly Kelly she's one of those divas. Now when Kelly Kelly got the win over Beth at Summerslam I think it was a big upset. And if you know me you know I'm not a fan of Kelly Kelly, The Bellas, Rosa Mendes, etc. AT ALL. But I still do think the past couple of years we've started to move back into good women wrestlers holding the belt and being around. McCool, Layla, Natalya, and Beth are all good in my eyes (aside from backstage politics). Long story short for the Divas of Doom to keep their tear going then Beth needs to win. Oh yeah I want her to win as well.
Winner: Beth Phoenix


Dolph Ziggler (United States Champion) vs Jack Swagger vs John Morrison vs Alex Riley in a Fatal Four Way match for the United States Championship
Ok ok, Dolph Ziggler obviously needs to bee in this match, as he's the United States Champion. And Jack Swagger as well since him and Ziggler are feuding over Vickie Guerrero's managerial services. AND I can even understand Alex Riley being in the match since he's been "beating" Swagger and you can't really have two bad guys in a title match. What I can't figure out is why Morrison  was thrown in here. Now I've always liked Morrison and thought he was going to go far, but with injuries and Melina he's been kicked to the wayside and thrown in matches like these for high flying spots. All that said Morrison's not winning. I've never liked Riley and his stupid theme, and they won't give him a roll-up win to get a title. Now I've always like Ziggler and Swagger and think they're two of the best going right now in the mid-card. Zigglers had the title for awhile and Swagger wants to prove he's better than Ziggler. I don't really mind either of these guys holding the title, but this Vickie manager thing needs to stop. It's bad.
Winner: Dolph Ziggler


Air Boom (WWE Tag Team Champions) vs The Awesome Truth in a Tag Team match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
Now I like both of these tag teams. It's not a far stretch cause I've liked most of the tag teams WWE put together the past couple years. Legacy, Edge/Jericho, JeriShow, Miz-Show, The Usos, and now Air Boom (Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne) and The Awesome Truth (The Miz and R-Truth). Kofi and Bourne won the Penny titles..err I mean the WWE Tag Team Championship from Otunga and Miglicuttyruddybuddy. The Miz and R-Truth have agreeing ideas that there is a C-O-N...spiracy going on in the WWE. Miz and Truth demanded this tag team match and got their wish. Also this week Miz and Truth went over Kofi and Bourne in singles matches. Again I don't mind either team with the titles, but Miz and Truth's promos have been fire and unless there's spiders or ladders this should be a nice little match.
Winners: Air Boom (Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne)


Randy Orton (World Heavyweight Champion) vs Mark Henry in a singles match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Aside from Mark Henry looking goofy as hell in this picture, he's been tearing through the WWE as of late. Not literally, he's been slamming people through the mat and breaking legs. Now Mark's been around for a looooooooooooooong time and never one the big one (pointed out on The Cutting Edge in Smackdown). Orton is..well Orton do we really need any background on what he's all about? He just decimated Christian in some of his best matches in years and the crowd (and Vince) still adore him. The thing is, as much as I haven't liked Orton in years, and as much as Mark Henry is on fire right now, I can't see Mark Henry winning this. Now Going from Orton/Christian (great matches) to Orton/Henry, I think the quality will diminish a bit. But sadly the results will be the same.
Winner: Randy Orton


Alberto Del Rio (WWE Champion) vs John Cena in a singles match for the WWE Championship
Due to visa issues Alberto Del Rio was out for a week, but they've kept Cena and Del Rio from being one-on-one in ring so we'll get them for the first time Sunday. Always a plus. Really the only build-up has been that John Cena doesn't think of the champ as a champ but as a target cause he Cashed in Money in the Bank to win the title. Don't have much to say about this is, that I don't think Del Rio can have one of those special matches with Cena, but it'll be good enough. Also factor in Cena hasn't had the belt since Money in the Bank and Vince is probably frothing at the mouth at that. It'll be a solid enough match, but unless Del Rio walks away with the title then I won't be happy. Haha I'm so biased.
Winner Alberto Del Rio


CM Punk vs Triple H in No DQ Match, If Triple H Loses He Resigns as COO
Man oh man do I like this CM Punk kid. also just know, I'm not a bandwagon fan of him. I followed his first WWECW run religiously and have loved him ever since. I still think SES could've been bigger than it was but that's beside the point. CM Punk has been "the man" since that Raw night when he basically did shoot on the WWE, McMahon, Cena, etc. He won the undisputed title to a THUNDEROUS ovation and match of the year in his home town of Chicago. He kept until after his Summerslam match with Cena where he got Jack Knife'd by Nash and lost to Alberto Del Rio cashing in Money in the Bank. There's some stupid back story of Nash getting a text from HHH to take out Punk that Nash himself sent from HHH's phone and blah blah blah. Nash got "fired" for it, CM Punk and Triple H have had epic promos. Bottom line Triple H wants to take CM Punk out cause he made it personal and CM Punk want change in the WWE and it starts by beating Triple H. This'll be a great match I think, I've always liked both men in-ring. But Nash isn't really fired, he's gonna come in and interfere and somehow cost CM Punk the match.
Winner: Triple H

Quick recap. Winners are Cody Rhodes, Beth Phoenix, Dolph Ziggler, Air Boom, Randy Orton, Alberto Del Rio and Triple H.

That's it for my Night of Champions pick. As always suggest to me stuff you'd like me to write on. Also if you wanna add me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter, please do so. Really I don't mind.
http://www.facebook.com/fatjesus2606
http://www.twitter.com/_FatJesus_

No comments:

Post a Comment