Friday, May 21, 2010

WWE Over the Limit 2010 Picks

It's almost time for the new WWE PPV, thank God it's not concept, called Over the Limit! Where the obvious thing is that all the people in matches will be taken to the limits and we'll get the best matches possible. I don't know what city it's in, hopefully R-Truth will remind me, but it should be an ok show. Here's all of Fat Jesus' predictions.

Jericho/Miz vs The Hart Dynasty in a tag team match for the Unified Tag Team Championships
Winners: The Hart Dynasty
I do want Mizicho to have the titles, but I want THD to have a run with it, and I want to see more singles matches between the four of them. Tyson/Miz or Tyson/Jericho, and Jericho/DH Smith would be grand matches. Also having the four work with Jericho/Bret Hart will definitely help them in-ring and on the mic. Anywho, let DH/Tyson have a good run with the titles, maybe a back and forth with Mizicho over the summer. They can have good matches. Viva La Tag Teams!

Ted DiBiase WITH VIRGIL vs R-Truth in a singles match
Winner: Ted DiBiase
Well this has got to be a filler match. They've interacted like 3 times on Raw in the last month. "Truth don't play that", then The Butt Brothers attack "Mr. Narcissistic" and whatever else happened between them. Anywho with Brett tearing his ACL down in FCW "The Fortunate Sons" stable is put on hold, but I still believe they're push DiBiase. R-Truth is good if they let him wrestle, but they don't, except for the cartwheel > splits > back heel kick > Lie Detector. Meh, DiBiase is the clear choice.

Randy Orton vs Edge in a singles match
Winner: Edge
I like the little build for this match and hope they keep this feud going the whole summer. Anywho the Cutting Edge was a nice start, with Edge calling out Orton and getting RKO'd in the end. (A sick one BTW) The next week Orton beating Edge/DiBiase, scaring the s*** out of Vickie and RKO'ing Edge on the outside was alright. And the pick your poison matches Edge/Christian then Undertaker and Orton/Swagger were a nice way of moving this along with Edge getting the spear on Orton. Like I said I want this to continue, I think the only way is to have Edge win. Next month I assume they'll both qualify for the WWEC at Fatal Four Way. Then Randy will ultimately win out over Edge at Money in the Bank, and they'll end it all at Summerslam. But all know that most likely won't happen, for now, Edge be my pick.

Drew McIntyre vs Kofi Kingston in a singles match for Intercontinental Championship.
Winner: Drew McIntyre
Yeah he's a little boring in the ring, and sure he may need to defend the title more and have some good matches. BUT I like Drew and his amazing entrance. Obviously so does McMahon. I think this will get a good 10 minutes, and Drewy Mac will use some underhanded way to win. Do I like Kofi? Yeah I like him in-ring and he has a unique moves in his set. Do I see him winning the ICC at a PPV yet no? Go on Chosen One, kicketh the ass of Mr. Identity Confused!

CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio in a singles match. If Rey loses he must join the Straight Edge Society/If CM Punk loes he must shave his head
Winner: CM Punk
I think this has slipped to the second best feud Smackdown has going, but boy do I still like it. I also think they need to still have that epic 15+ minute match to make the feud stick. Sure their matches at 'Mania/Extreme Rules were good, but they we're great. I also think that, despite Rey being SD's biggest face draw, is that he'll lose. Sure if Rey wins everyone will have a jolly good time that night and maybe on Smackdown. But if Rey loses we'll see him forced to become heelish and have to struggle with having to be bossed around by CM Punk and that to me is more gratifying. Also get Joey Mercury aka The Hooded Avenger, out of that stupid getup already, it's like an evil Batman is running around. Get some this Sunday Punk.

Eve vs Maryse in a singles match for Diva's Championship
Winner: Who else? Eve Torres-Day
Do I think it'll be good? I hope so. Were the diva matches at the PPVs any good? No (But the one at ER was ok). If they give them time will these two put on a good match? Yes. Eve, if you didn't know (You'd better call somebody!), is my favorite current diva. She been steadily improving in-ring since Smackdown last year, and hasn't really been given the time to work a 7-8 minute WWE Divas special. I also like Maryse, and aside from Gail Kim (who WWEs done NOTHING with) their the two best workers on Raw. And even though Maryse is a diva, I like how a smash-mouth cocky style exudes from her. Anywho let Eve hit a dropkick (hopefully), her moonsault would be a nice spot, and give her the win with that arm-bar. Divas can use submissions too. Go darling!

Jack Swagger vs Big Show in a singles match for World Heavyweight Championship
Winner: Jack Swagger
This has been a good build, and Swagger is getting much much better on the mic. Does he need matches every week, no cause we know he can wrestle, Smackdown lets superstars do that. TWe had Swagger fact night and they also gave the champ two weeks in a row, the middle of the show to talk for 10-20 minutes, and cut him off with a commercial both times. Thought it was funny how they did that a came back and he was still going. He can wrestle, he's starting to get good on the mic, and Big Show has embarrassed him 3 weeks in a row, Swagger is keeping the title, underhandedly I presume. Not taking away anything from Big Show, I think this is the best time he had wrestling in awhile. He's happy, he's cracking jokes (and heads hurhurhur), and looks like he enjoying the ride. Good for him, I'd like to see a monster title run from him, but right now Swagger is doing just fine. Don't forget to get your Swaggies, they taste like freedom.

John Cena vs Batista in an "I Quit" Match for WWE Championship.
Winner: John Cena
Boy Batista must've done something wrong. He finally got the title back, and is having a great heel turn/run (best I've liked him in years), then loses at two straight PPVs and he's gonna have to utter "I Quit" from Super Cena himself as a send off for awhile. He doesn't even have the movie role anymore cause they pulled him and gave it to Batista. Anywho I hope Batista get's rested up, maybe get an acting job in, and them come back to his heel role that he's doing so well in. See I didn't even mention the moronicy of the Last Man Standing match or the fact that Cenas character and in-ring moves are stale/terrible (Crap I just did). Cenas even said that this is a different WWE and that heel rapper Cena can never come back. Can you at least turn heel? And farewell Batista, the divas locker room should be safe till you return.

That's it for my Over the Limit picks. As always suggest to me stuff you'd like me to write on n' shizz. Also if you wanna add me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter, please do so. Really I don't mind.
http://www.facebook.com/matthewmday
http://www.twitter.com/matthewmday

I'm Matt Day and thanks for reading Fat Jesus Disciples!

No comments:

Post a Comment