Friday, May 18, 2012

Song of the Day #126

This beat is goddamn infectious. I love it. PLUS I've always been a fan of the verse he throws in here. Love me some Donald Glover.

Childish Gambino- "I Got This Money" from Culdesac

"I got an upstairs, downstairs in my loft
Check the mixtape, baby. I don't talk
Yes, I run this shit, like it's hard to walk
And you think that I'm dope, like a mound of chalk
I'm recession proof. I work to relax, ho
Weird voice catch beef like a lasso
New fresh prince, you can chill in my castle
Spit real shit, so I must be an asshole, right?
Nah, that's why I'm makin' out in your car
These blogs are a dude's A&R
Got a big tip for these girls at the bar
But I don't mean money
Ever since the money, they just treat me funny
Girls look good, she can take green from me
Ain't trickin' if you got it, know what I mean, buddy?
You've got your yellow sun dress on
I'm tryna write you the best song
With your Wayfarer shades, you drive me insane
I wanna hold hands, and call you pet names"

No comments:

Post a Comment