Saturday, September 15, 2012

Fat Jesus' WWE Night of Champions 2012 Predictions

Night of Champions, formerly known as Vengeance and Vengeance: Night of Champions has really grown into it's own. I've always liked the idea of a show where the champions were honored and got to take the spotlight. Now it's right after Summerslam it always has the possibility to have a three way PPV punch starting with Money in the Bank. I usually like these events and hope this doesn't disappoint.

Battle Royal to Determine the No.1 Contender for the United States Championship
This will be short. WHO CARES. I haven't cared about any of these and I'm not going to start. I wouldn't doubt Santino somehow winning and us having a terrible match between the two again...this time on PPV though.
Winner: Santino

Antoino Cesaro  vs Whoever wins That Battle Roayal in a singles match for the United States Championship
Not a match I'm crazy about. But I like Cesaro and if it's someone like maybe Zack Ryder, this could be a nice little match for the USC. Either way though, I think Cesaro and his hussie microphone holder keep the title for awhile longer.
Winner (and STILL United States Champion): Antonio Cesaro

Layla (Divas Champion) vs Kaitlyn in a singles match for the Divas Championship
 Kaitlyn has really grown on me over the past month-ish and if you know me or read these you know I love Layla. I don't mind either of them. Kaitlyn is botch prone though and Layla is improving but can't carry a match. Even if they both have delectable hineys I think no one wins this and it should end in a "double cunt out." See what I did thar? If I have to pick a winner, Layla. (Hopefully) Beth comes out and wrecks whoever wins.
Winner (and STILL Divas Champion): Layla

 Kofi Kingston/R-Truth (WWE Tag Team Champions) vs Team Friendship [Daniel Bryan/Kane] in a tag team match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
 Kane and D-Bry have the only story-line I'm remotely into right now. The skits are funny and these two have been two of the best in-ring this year. Which is why they could bring some legitimacy to the tag division by holding the title for a while. Let them win over Team Black, Gabriel/Kidd, Prime Time Players, Primo/Epico, etc. Gets the tag division built and lets the young'ns win over veterans/former world champs.
Winners (and NEW WWE Tag Team Champions): Daniel Bryan and Kane

The Miz (Intercontinental Champion) vs Rey Mysterio vs Sin Cara vs Cody Rhodes in a Fatal Four Way for the Intercontinental Championship
 No build at all accept Rhodes wants his title back, attacked The Miz on Monday and everyone else has pinned Miz. This could really get the crowd into the show and as long as there not too much botching it could be a very entertaining match. I really don't think the title changes hands but if it does I'm sure they'll give it to Rey.
Winner (and NEW Intercontinental Champion): Rey Mysterio

Randy Orton vs Dolph Ziggler (Mr. Money in the Bank) in a singles match 
As long as Dolph holds MitB he's going to continue having matches like these at PPVs. Which I don't mind at all. Great match with Jericho at SS and if given time these can have a nice match as well. While I'm not the biggest Orton fan his matches with Ziggler are good. Give them some time and this'll be solid. BUT I do want him to cash in and this is the prime night to do so I'd think. Solid match, but WWE loves Orton and I don't think he loses here.
Winner: Randy Orton

 Sheamus (World Heavyweight Champion) vs Alberto Del Rio in a singles match for the World Heavyweight Championship
YAWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. This match again? I honestly don't care. Like both guys, don't like their matches though. Short thoughts on this one. Brogue Kick banned? Who cares. It's literally a big boot. Move the title to Del Rio or move on and let Ziggler feud with Sheamus. BUT look out! I really think that Dolph Ziggler may cash in after the match.
Winner (and STILL World Heavyweight Champion): Sheamus

CM Punk (WWE Champion) vs John Cena in a singles match for the WWE Championship
CM Punk is in full heel mode now. Attacking the fans, Cena, King, etc in great promos and segments. Add Heyman to the mix and this could be the Fall of Punk this year. Cena is still...well Cena. Cena/Punk had a good promo to match on Moday, that will be overshadowed by King's untimely heart attack, #GetWellJerry. I like this match and truly hope it main events as Punk v Cena matches haven't disappointed me yet and I'd like to see another chapter. And for Punk to keep this epic title reign going.
Winner (and STILL WWE Champion): CM Punk

Winners
Santino (Battle Royal)
Antonio Cesaro (still United States Champion)
Layla (still Divas Champion)
Daniel Bryan/Kane (new WWE Tag Team Champions)
Rey Mysterio (new Intercontinental Champion)
Randy Orton
Sheamus (still World Heavyweight Champion)
CM Punk (still WWE Champion)

No comments:

Post a Comment