Sunday, February 21, 2010

WWE Elimination Chamber 2010 Picks

Here are my picks for WWE Elimination Chamber later tonight. Should be a solid PPV, cause we're on the Road to Wrestlemanina. Thanks for reminding us about 5 times every show this week WWE announcers.

Sheamus (WWEC) vs. John Cena vs. Triple H vs. Randy Orton vs. Ted DiBiase vs. Kofi Kingston in a RAW Elimination Chamber Match for the WWE Championship

Winner: Sheamus or Triple H

I can't see anyone else walking out the champ. The identity confused because of a Boston accent, Jamaican theme music and being billed from Africa Kofi Kingston has been sliding down to mid-card status ever since he botched the end of his match with Orton a month or so back. The Slithering Viper (They'll say it twice tonight at least) Orton and DiBiase, with Cody Rhodes are falling apart and WWE wants a Legacy break up soon, so I'd guess DiBiase eliminating Orton, Kofi eliminating DiBiase and then later in the match Kofi get's booted. Batista's not in the SmackDown EC match either and they're gearing up for the inevitable Batista/Cena match at WM and I don't see it being for the WWEC or either men having straps for that matter. They've been talking good ol' Hunter vs the Pale White Yonder for the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania 26 since like December so I can only assume it'll involve the two of them. With either Sheamus losing and getting his rematch at 'Mania or Sheamus winning and Triple H winning some kind-of number 1 contenders bout on RAW.

-----------------

The Undertaker (WHC) vs. John Morrison vs. R-Truth vs. CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio in a SmackDown! Elimination Chamber match for the World Heavyweight Championship

Winner: Chris Jericho or The Undertaker/Chris Jericho or Shawn Michaels

If John Morrison can't compete I see HBK getting in the EC in his place. But that's only if JoMo can't compete or get's mysteriously attacked in the back. Anywho, I don't think JoMo would walk out the WHC anywho. But yeah, he'll be champ in 2010. Do I really have to make a sentence? Mr. Narcissistic, R-Truth, won't win. Now onto out Pastor of Purity CM Punk and The Always Underdog No Matter What Rey Mysterio. Their new feud has started the past couple of weeks and there's been rumors the past month of Mask vs Hair at WM. So I think neither of them will win and/or eliminate one or the other and continue their feud to Wrestlemania. Onto my two picks, The Undertaker and Y2J. The past 3 weeks they've been building to an obvious Edge/Taker, Edge/Y2J for the WHC at WM26. With Edge wanting to beat 'Takers streak to end their feud from 2008. Or Y2J cause of the angle set up after their tag team break up and all the ridicule about being a coward/weak/injury prone. But yeah Y2J/Edge would be the most epic outcome of this match.

-----------------

Drew McIntyre (ICC) vs. Kane for the Intercontinental Championship

Winner: Drew McIntyre

Not even gonna elaborate, this is a short filler feud till new "recruits" from ECW to Smackdown. McIntyre is an easy pick. Get him in a feud the Ezekiel Jackson or Christian.

-----------------

Maryse vs. Gail Kim for the vacant Divas Championship

Winner and New Divas Champion: Maryse

I don't really mind who wins this match cause I like the in-ring styles of both. Gail Hasn't got the chance to shine in the WWE since her return and the build-up for this match. Maryse hasn't gotten any better (or anyworse) and I liked her first run as champ so I don't mind her winning either. But, I'll give the edge to Maryse cause she has the best PG WWE pin-fall cover.

-----------------

And here's the picks for my friend from another site. Here's Jon Currie's Elimination Chamber 2010 pick! It's very brief so give him break.

WWEC: Orton
WHC: Jericho, unless for some reason HBK enters and replaces Morrison.
ICC: McIntyre
Lackluster Butterfly Championship [<-- I lol'd at that]: Gail Kim (hoping I'm wrong. Maryse is the hotness).

-----------------

Send me ideas for columns and stuff. I wanna start writing more than just weekly show review so don't hesitate to speak up!

Thanks for reading everyone!

2 comments:

  1. HHH winds raw chamber match...setting up rematch with sheamus @ mania ...jericho wins smackdown chamber match, (sets up edge/jericho @ mania) due to hbk taking out taker(hbk fills in for JM..i think) but i doubt taker walks out champ :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol the only reason my picks were short is because I was on my iPod :(

    ReplyDelete