Wednesday, February 3, 2010

WWE/Royal Rumble, Zombies, Televison, and Psychology

Yes my first post is about these subjects of all things. I'll just state in my initial blog post that I like just about everything entertainment. From hip-hop/rap as my primary genre of music, and playing Pokemon on my Game Boy Color, to watching pro wrestling religiously and feeding my brain with nothing but TV, movies and college life whining.

Random comment as I watch The Office, "...And up comes the toolbar, that's what she said."- Michael Scott.

WWE aka the titan of the pro wrestling universe on planet earth, and over the last five days it's brought back the fire you could say I've been missing the last year or so. It never got to the point where I wanted to stop watching, but damn the month of December, aside from the TLC PPV and the always great SmackDown!, was just plain bad. But 2010 is on the up and up, and the the WWE RAW writing team must be reading The John Report, or John Canton's blog, cause they've really stepped it up. Sure it not as good as SD!, but hell Monday's with William Shatner hosting was pretty damn close. And the weeks leading up to the Royal Rumble were the best pro wrestling TV I've watched in at least ten months. Good matches, and promos lead to an AMAZING Royal Rumble PPV. Sure the matches were average to predictable, but the Royal Rumble match itslef all but made up for it. First off, CM Punk was trying to convert to the Straight Edge Society, mid-freaking-Rumble! Then comes sort of the funny part in the Rumble with Beth Phoenix coming out and dominating The Great Kalhi and eliminating him! Fast forward to mid-match where Triple H is eliminated by his own DX partner Shawn Michaels. Holy f*** on a stick, the favorite to win going in out in a snap. He must've pissed of Steph or something..haha. Now the final five. Y2J, John "Superman" Cena, Shawn "HBK" Michaels, Edge...wait a sec HOLY F***, EDGE is back! *Marks out* Then he eliminates Y2J *Double marks out* Now #30, "The Animal" Batista with his nose ring. I call him Phil, and Phil has the ability to see into the future. HBK eliminated next by Batista and Phil, superkicks a ref and then storms out. Final three, Edge goes on a spearfest. Cena eliminates Batista and Phil. I have a boner at this point at the thought of Edge winning the Rumble. Edge, looks to set up Cena for a spear, Cena sidesteps, kicks Edge in the gut, Edge does a spin moved and dumps Cena over the top! Edge wins! Edge wins! *Triple f***ing marks out and storms around the house* And combine this with a near-perfect SD! on Friday and a damn good RAW on Monday and you have this 6-year fan excited about wrestling again.

Zombies, our undead, flesh and brain eating friends. And the last couple of weeks I've been watching some not-alive flicks. These were 28 Days Later, which is amazing. A rage virus is being testing on monkeys when moron animal activists let one of the monkeys out and thus the virus is released on the island of Great Britain. 28 days later, oh my gosh the movie title, a man who is a coma wakes up on the deserted, infected isle, and meets up with people heading to a supposed safe haven in Manchester. Shooting, killing of zombies, and a superb story by Danny Boyle and great acting making this one of the best zombie movies ever released in my opinion. Now yesterday Zombielan came out on DVD, and since I can't buy new DVDs till the end of February I did the next best thing and rented it. Another great zombie movie along the lines of the greatness of Shaun of the Dead. It's about a kid who has irrational phobias, and IBS, who meets up with an middle-aged man who lost his "puppy", is the best zombie killer in the world, and has the incessant need to find the last Twinkie on earth. Half-way through they meet up with two girls who are sisters who don't trust anyone but each other who are heading to Pacific Playland for old times sake. The hilarity ensues as they travel across country to get there and even meet Bill-F***ing-Murray along the way. Not as great a Shaun of the Dead, but of all the modern zombie-movies I've seen, this ranks pretty high up. Good stuff. Finally this morning, I watched the sequel to 28 Days Later a la 28 Weeks Later. We find out that 5 weeks after the original rage infection hit, it has died out due to the hosts dying of starvation. A man brings home, to Britain, his daughter and son after they begin reconstruction on GB. They are only allowed to stay in District 1 where there is no infection. But, the two kids sneak out to go back to their old home and they discover their mother who they were told was dead, is actually alive. She has the disease, but she is a carrier rather than a full-blown infected. So now the Rage virus has infected the colony and the rest of the movie is spent trying to re-eradicate it. I don't thinks it's that great of a movie, but I enjoyed it and the movies opening scene is some of the best Zombie filming done ever. Definitely watch it if you enjoyed 28 Days Later, and use it to look forward to the rumored 28 Months Later movie coming out soon.

Onto TV as I can see my first blog post is running long. House is still my favorite show on TV right now, Cuddy's boyfriend messing with House and Wilsons apartment last episode was priceless and the medical aspect of the show is still running well. Especially last week when they had the Psychopath as a patient. Just amazing. 24 is back as well, and I'm loving every minute of it. This time around Jack has to save the world from Russians who are trying to sell nuclear weapons to a middle eastern country who are in peace talks with a number of countries including the US. Political drama, couple with CTU action and drama make a fun Monday night on FOX...fo sho'. Lost is back for it final season and boy has it started off quite hot as I'm already sucked in as I was with 24 as well. I don't know what I'm going to do when both of the series' end after their respective seasons. *Sniffles* I think I'll need a shoulder to cry on. American Idol is rolling along well, and the guy from Dallas who made up the song for each judge, I think his name was Jermaine, is my favorite as Hollywood week and the real competition starts next week. I hear the Italian guy, who I loved, blabbed about what went on in Hollywood week and how he made it and got the boot for it. Sucks to be him..hahaha. Next comes the new show Human Target. Now I was going to write this show off as a 24-like spinoff and not watch. But, after the premiere before 24's premiere, I was hooked. It was full of action, good comedy moments, and it had a Jason Bourne meets Jack Bauer type feel and I really like it. Simple as that, and the season so far is solid, and after tonight with Guerrero's huge plot twist I really wanna see what goes on even more now as the season progresses. Finally a quick sentence about comedy, as NBC comedy night is THE BEST COMEDY ON TV! Community is the best new comedy, followed by last years best new comedy Parks and Recreation. Onto the best comedy of last decade The Office and finally 30 Rock which I'm really starting to like because of Tracey Morgans insanity.

Finally I'll end with a little insight into what I really want to do as a career which is something in the field of Psychology. I've been really trying to find out about what I want to do with the rest of my life in my first year of college and after taking Intro to Psychology last semester I really want to learn more about it. From being able to counsel people to learning about the different types mental diseases and afflictions people have and what makes us tick. As I go along in my Clinical Psychology class I'll get to learn all of this, and then apply it to an actual person as we do a case study. Oh yeah, did I mention it'd be with my awesome Psych buddy CJ! (Shout-out). Anywho that's what I wanna do and learn the tricks of the trade in Psychology.

Well this is my first blog post. It's kind-of long, that's what she said, and in the future I'm hoping they won't be. I had fun writing and hopefully ya'll had fun reading it. Pass it around to your friends and let them know about it. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment