Tuesday, September 25, 2012

FJ Decides To Listen To Pop Music

I thought of this little idea today, after four hours of sleep, getting in my car to go to class. I'm a fan of pop music. Catchy lyrics, melodies, songs, etc. Instead of drowning myself in Childish Gambino's Camp and Jay-Z & Kanye West's Watch the Throne, I'd listen to the local pop stations to and from school. About 20-25 minutes each way. So about five songs each way. Here's the nine songs I heard (one of which I heard twice), ranked form worst to best.

9. Usher- "Scream" from Looking 4 Myself
This song is God-awful and anyone who likes it need to be shot. I love pop and pop stations, but not when they play this shit.

8. Usher feat. Will.i.am- "OMG" from Raymond v. Raymond
I hate Usher.

7. Ke$ha- "Die Young" from Warrior
Lyrics in this include "Young hunks, taking shots, stripping down to dirty socks" and "That magic in your pants is making me blush". Ke-DollarSign-ha ladies and gentlemen, whata word smith. Kill me at this point.

6. Kanye West- "Stronger" from Graduation
As much as I love Kanye, and he is my favorite artist of all time, even I admit this is easily his worst single. But even Kanye's worst is better than most of the trash people are into.

5. Flo Rida- "Whistle" from Wild Ones
This is the song I had to hear twice. Ehhhhh. Not gonna lie, chorus is catchy as hell. Flo Rida is a God awful "rapper" though...

4. Neon Trees- "Everybody Talks" from Picture Show
Love the sound, lyrics and pace of this song. Was really into listening to it and probably gonna download it. Surprised I hadn't heard it in full before, been out for awhile. IT STARTED WITH A WHISPERRRRRRRRRRRRR.

3. One Republic- "Good Life" from Waking Up
A lot of whistling on this list. But this is leagues ahead and better song. Sung well and I loved the melody as a whole. Another older song too. But I love the lyrics and they're some you can really take to heart.

2. Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen- "Good Time" from The Midsummer Station and Kiss
I love that both of these guys wanted this on their album and neither wanted to be the feature. Either brilliant or selfish...or both. Either way Owl City is an established artist for me and Carly Rae with "Call Me Maybe" was God-teir pop from over this summer. Combine the two for this lovely song.

1. fun.- "Some Nights" from Some Nights
I got giddy when this came on after I think it was Kanye. Fun. is easily one of my newer favorite bands and this has hit my song of the day tally many a time. I adore this song and easily tops this list of songs heard on the radio. Sometimes, stations get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment