Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Big Boi- Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty [A Fat Jesus Album Review]

Sorry I've been mia the last three weeks pro wrestling wise, but I just haven't wanted to blog any of the shows. I should be back with some retro Smackdown posts from 4 and 3 weeks ago in the next couple of days. Until then, here's my small run-down on my favorite and probably the best 2010 release so far. So here's my review of Big Boi's (shame if you don't know he was in Outkast) first solo album, Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty. Enjoy!

Omg southern hip-hop is finally futuristic sounding and Big Boi is at the helm of it all! The beats throughout the whole album are club oriented yet have the space-vibe resonating from them. Had it not been for the lacking, but still good, "Fo Yo Sorrows", and "Royal Flush"/"Lookin' For Ya" not being on the album it'd be a perfect rating. All the guest verses and choruses are good and don't feel like they didn't try just cause it's not their own stuff. Janelle Monae, B.o.B and Jamie Foxx had great hooks, and Yelawolf and TI had pretty great verses. IDK what the skits were about but I rotfl when Sir Left Foot called Kesha, and he said:

Sir Left Foot: "For $30 you gonna do what the f*** I want to, Imma fill up your tank and make it rain"
Kesha: "$30? It was $50. How it go down to $30?"
Sir Left Foot: "Well ok it's goin' be drizzlin' it ain't gonna rain, f*** it"
Kesha: "N***a that ain't precipitation nun-unh"

I do wanna single out "Night Night" with B.o.B and Joi. Cause B.o.B is huge right now and his hook is done well and Big Boi's flow and lyrics are absolutely insane. Speaking of Big Boi, I should probably talk about him some cause it's his album. He was on point! He's not the best rapper ever, but his flows were good throughout, the lyrics were deep when they need to be, good punchlines, and great delivery, etc, etc.

The first southern, futuristic, hip-hop album (I'm going to go ahead and say) ever. In short it was fun listen, great beats, good rapping, good hooks, and this is probably the best release in 2010 I've heard so far.



Rating: 9/10 or 4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment