Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Muppets [A Fat Jesus Movie Review]

"Maybe you don't need the whole world to love you, you know, maybe you just need one person" 
-Kermit the Frog

Oh man have I been waiting for this all year. Not only did I watch The Muppets and Muppet Babies growing up and Jason Segel has been one of my favorite actors over the last 5 years. Not only that but he's a huge Muppet fan, and has been working on this for almost 5 years and I was hoping it'd pay off. It did. The Muppets, follows the story of Walter (a puppet) and his brother Gary and his girlfriend Mary. Growing up Walter became the worlds biggest Muppet fan. Now on a vacation Gary and Mary take to LA to celebrate their 10th anniversary Walter finally has a chance to go to Muppet Theater and an incredible mission and adventure unfolds. From the opening number "Life's A Happy Song", to Amy Adams being so damn adorable throughout, to the incredible humor and puns, to just seeing The Muppets back in a movie venue, it was a wonder to behold. The story Segel came up with has been done before, but I'll be damned if I wasn't into it hook, line and sinker. The acting by Segel, Adams, Walter, The Muppet crew and the amazing amount of  cameos (John Krasinski, Neil Patrick Harris, Jack Black, Donald Glover, Dave Grohl, Emily Blunt, Ken Jeong etc) are wonderful. Never felt like the movie was long or dragging. The Muppet humor was amazing, the plays on words, puns, even just The 80s Robot, has me laughing in the theater. Finally the song numbers were awesome as well. "Life's A Happy Song", "Me Party", "Man or Muppet", and "Pictures on My Head" as well as Chris Cooper rapping were great. So many great moments it'd be impossible for me to name them all. All in all, I loved this movie. Just all around a great watch. Story, acting, humor, music, all perfect. Must see in my book.


"It's time to play the music 
It's time to light the lights 
It's time to meet the Muppets
On The Muppet Show tonight"

No comments:

Post a Comment