Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Song(s) of the Day #205

I just want someone or to feel not alone. Is that too much to ask for? I guess so. I love Gambino.

Childish Gambino- "So Fly" from Culdesac

"You are the bestest, I will obey you
They wanna know what, I couldn't say who
You are the only one who's ever really seen me
I know that I'm the reason that you don't watch any tv
I wanna lay on your stomach so bad
And it gets a little quiet in this bachelor pad
And I don't really understand the thing we had
I wanna try again, but it would just be sad
And oh, oh whoa
You are the only one who's ever let me be me

We can make it easy
We can do it simple
I'll be waiting right there
Promise to be gentle
Sittin' by your window
Girl, you're so fly to me

So fly. Girl you're so fly
So fly. Girl you're so fly
So fly. Girl you're so fly to me
So fly. Girl you're so fly
So fly. Girl you're so fly
So fly. Girl you're so fly to me"


Childish Gambino- "Be Alone" from EP

"I don't wanna be alone
I don't wanna be alone
I don't wanna be alone
Oh, oh, oh

'Cause ya know, somewhere inside
I cannot find
The feeling I got from you

No, somewhere inside
I cannot find
The feeling I got from you

Hard for a pitchfork, soft for a Rockefeller
Music was my side chick, but now we're moving in together
Always felt misunderstood, I guess I have to tolerate
My swag Jehovah Witness, dude, it never take a holiday
APC jeans, brown leather jacket on
Kitsuné cable knit, cardigan from Rag & Bone
Thick Filipino chick, homemade bracelet
Her booty make her just a rapper, she ain't gotta say shit
I'm someone they admire
Set the game ablaze, I'm an arcade fire
Laughed at my rides like my motion was funny
Yes, ashy to classy, my lotion is money
The ride is easy when the dollar's there to grease the wheels
Now everybody tell me what to do and how to feel
It seems the more I try to connect with the world
I am feeling more alone than I ever have felt before
I wanna pick up the phone, ask my dad how to handle it
But what will happen when my dad's not there to answer it?
I try to clear my mind of thoughts that only slow me down
Like when these niggas call me "faggot" and "we homies now"
But we are not homies, I just keep you around
'Cause all your talkin' is the noise I need to kill this sound
Have all these voices tellin' me no one can help me out
We are alone I'm just the only one to figure out"

No comments:

Post a Comment