Saturday, October 13, 2012

Halloween Movie Month 2 [Barricade]


This is the definition of me being bored and giving into WWE shoving a movie down my throat. The nice guy that I am I'd figure it couldn't be that bad, and I don't mind Eric McCormack, so I'll give this a shot. Maybe I'll get a few scares, jumps, etc. Usually WWE Studio's films aren't terrible, so why not? But boy was I, for lack of a better term, suicidal watching this.

Barricade opens with Terrance (Eric McCormack) and Leah Shade (Jody Thompson) in their home. Leah encourages Terrance to take the weekend off of work and go spend time with his two kids, Cynthia and Jake (Connor Dwelly and Ryan Grantham), at a cabin up in the mountains. Fast forward a year and the three are heading up to said cabin. It's the Christmas season as well. We find out that Leah has passed away and that they are doing this out of respect for her. As they're getting the keys from the local gas station owner, who has a terrible cough he's "getting over", the kids are given free candy for the rest of the trip. The man was spreading Christmas cheer. But it became anything but cheery as they arrive at the cabin and Terrance (as well as the kids) are tortured by visions and strange things happening around the cabin. In a snap decision Terrance decides to barricade them inside the cabin. But is all this for moot, is the thing terrorizing them already inside the house or is it only in their minds?

Okay I'll just tell you, it was all in his mind. Don't worry, this spoiler is good because I don't want any of you to have to watch this movie. This'll be a shorter review too because there was nothing I liked about this movie. The acting was terrible, even for a film like this. The scares were non-existent. The "twist" was so muddled in the fact I didn't care by the time they revealed it, that it was just bad. Also the damn kids in the movie don't like Mac and Cheese. Fuck that and kids these days. I wish they had more flashbacks to Leah, played by Jody Thompson, cause she was the most entertaining thing in this, and she was barely in it.

All in all for me this was what seemed like a overly long movie (at barely 80 minutes) with characters I didn't care about and a plot that didn't keep me interested in what the twist or conclusion would be. For all I cared they all could've died from the fevers they turned out to have. Yeah the other spoiler. Whoops. I hated this movie. Don't watch it.


----------

Halloween Movie Month 2! Movie #1: Halloween II
Halloween Movie Month 2! Movie #2: The Devil's Rejects
Halloween Movie Month 2! Movie #3: Friday the 13th Part II
Halloween Movie Month 2! Movie #4: Scream 2
Halloween Movie Month 2! Movie #5: Evil Dead 2: Dead Before Dawn
Halloween Movie Month 2! Movie #6: Trick 'r Treat
Halloween Movie Month 2! Movie #7: Planet Terror
Halloween Movie Month 2! Movie #8: SAW III
Halloween Movie Month 2! Movie #9: The Cabin in the Woods

No comments:

Post a Comment