Friday, November 18, 2011

Song of the Day #12.5

Woke up, hopped in the shower, this popped on my shuffle, and I've been listening to it on repeat ever since. The perfect morning song. Upbeat, Talib Kweli raps perfectly, the beat is awesome, and the chorus' words and message are amazing for ANYONES lives. Going good or bad right now, this song could or is for you. (12.5 cause I pre-posted a Song(s) of the Day #12 yesterday cause I'm still bumpin those Drake songs from Take Care)

Talib Kweli- "Get By" from Quality

"[Chorus: Background singers]
This morning, I woke up
Feeling brand new and I jumped up
Feeling my highs, and my lows
In my soul, and my goals
Just to stop smokin, and stop drinkin
And I've been thinkin - I've got my reasons
Just to get (by), just to get (by)
Just to get (by), just to get (by)

[Talib: repeat 2x - with background singers]
Yoyoyo, yo
Some people cry, and some people try
Just to get by, for a piece of the pie
You love to eat and get high
We decieve when we lie, and we keepin it fly

Yoyoyo, yo
When, the people decide, to keep a disguise
Can't see they eyes, see the evil inside
But there's people you find
Strong or feeble in mind, I stay readin' the signs"

No comments:

Post a Comment