Saturday, November 12, 2011

Song of the Day #8


"I'm on the pursuit of happiness and I know everything that shine ain't always gonna be gold
I'll be fine once I get it, I'll be good."

I'm getting into these song of the day posts, but I'm still not sure it'll be an everyday thing. But for now since I'm not in the mood for really listening to too many new albums/music over a weeks period of time I like these. After yet another awful day where I found out my grandma isn't doing well and inadvertently (maybe at this point it's some flaw in me though) being a major dick to people only trying to help I turned to what may be Kid Cudi's best track. "Pursuit of Happiness" is a hopeful song. No matter what happens in life you need to chase happiness and even if you stumble keep trying to get there. Aside from the meanings and stuff, this is just a good song. The chill beat, Cudi's nice rapping, a feature from Ratatat, and MGMT  providing chords. Just amazing.


"Tell me what you know about dreamin’ dreamin’
you don't really know about nothin’ nothin’
tell me what you know about them night terrors every night
5 am, cold sweats wakin’ up to the skies
tell me what you know about dreams, dreams
tell me what you know about night terrors, nothin’
you don't really care about the trials of tomorrow
rather lay awake in a bed full of sorrow"

No comments:

Post a Comment