Friday, November 11, 2011

Song of the Day #7

Okay, I'll admit it. I'm a Bruno Mars fan. His music is pretty simple pop/RnB (even with all the layers going on), his lines are (at times) far too lovey dovey, but man can he sing. Had this been a day where I wasn't working on stuff "The Lazy Song" would've been on repeat, but for some reason this song, "Talking to the Moon", took over. There's so much hope and yet so much sadness in the lyrics. Almost a contradiction of emotion if you will. Also I've always liked the serene and peaceful tones in this song. Just one of those days where in the back of your mind you're missing so many people and hope they can somehow sense you're hurting. Happy 11/11/11 everyone.


"Talking to the moon
Trying to get to you
In hopes you're on the other side
Talking to me too
Or am I a fool
Who sits alone
Talking to the moon"

No comments:

Post a Comment