Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Song(s) of the Day #10

So on my way to school and in first period I listened to Childish Gambino's first official album release, Camp. With me being a pretty big Donald Glover fan, of course I loved it. On the way home I stopped at Target to grab the physical copy of the album ($8, not too shabby). But after the first three listens yesterday there were two songs (so far) that got stuck in my head. These are those two songs. On the album they're starting off the meat of the album itself. The beats are nice (especially the background to "Letter Home" which I already adore), the lyrics are real, and the rapping is on point. Not much more you can ask for me music-wise. *Nods head to the beats*


"You're the only girl that I have ever wanted
Every other girl is trying to be you
My mama says that I should write you letters
But I think you're with other dudes
Take my hand, you'll like it
You don't even have to call
Yes I've had some alcohol, I'm sorry
Take my hand
You don't even have to call
You're somewhere out there after all
You're all I ever wanted
You're all I ever wanted
You're all I ever wanted"


"She ain't a killer, but she'd fucking blow your head off
I know he wondering, "What the fuck you hiding?"
That we dated like raps about Bin Laden
Ayo, fuck this
Are we dating? Are we fucking?
Are we best friends? Are we something in between that?"

No comments:

Post a Comment