Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Song of the Day #13

As I'm typing this in the good ole Windows notepad while the internet is being a piece of shit at school, I occurs to me why I picked this Childish Gambino song as my song of the day. Ever since my dad passed away I'm feeling as if I've fallen into depression. Sleeping too much, loneliness, sadness, terrible thoughts, etc. I've built a cocoon around casting, football talk on Sundays/Mondays (and now Thursday's) and playing Minecraft and the like with everyone. While these times are helping me coupe, there's few genuine moments of joy and happiness in my life anymore. Not saying that if I've been hanging out with you lately it's for the worst, here's a quick that you to EVERYONE who's been there the past month and a half now. But this song, and I have no clue why, every time it comes on since I've gotten Camp, has made me smile, happy and go wow. Music is such a powerful thing. It's doesn't even have to be a song about anything going on, but can make you feel good.

Childish Gambino- "Kids (Keep Up)" from Camp

"If we were kids I wouldn’t act like this but we not"

"If we were kids
I'd want to give you everything that you would want
Those other boys
They gave you toys, but all they wanna do is
Keep up
Keep up, keep up, keep up
That's all I want, keep up
Keep up with me, keep up
Keep up
Keep up, keep up, keep up
That's all I want, keep up
Keep up with me, keep up"

No comments:

Post a Comment