Saturday, January 14, 2012

Song(s) of the Day #56

All Childish Gambino edition. Been listening to this album the past two days driving between the houses moving stuff. All have lines and chorus' that already mean a lot to me and I feel have a bearing on my life. Not just that the lyrics are done well, the beats are amazing and they're just fantastic songs. Last year in November I couldn't wait for this album to drop. It took me a couple months to really get into this album, Camp, and I now adore it. Had it not been for Watch the Throne, this year and My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy last year, Donald Glover would have my album of the year two years running now.

Childish Gambino- "Letter Home" from Camp

"You're the only girl that I have ever wanted
Every other girl is trying to be you
My mama says that I should write you letters
But I think you're with other dudes
Take my hand, you'll like it
You don't even have to call
Yes I've had some alcohol, I'm sorry
Take my hand
You don't even have to call
You're somewhere out there after all
You're all I ever wanted
You're all I ever wanted
You're all I ever wanted"

Childish Gambino- "Heartbeat" from Camp

"She ain't a killer, but she'd fucking blow your head off
I know he wondering, "What the fuck you hiding?"
That we dated like raps about Bin Laden
Ayo, fuck this
Are we dating? Are we fucking?
Are we best friends? Are we something in between that?"

Childish Gambino- "L.E.S." from Camp

"Baby, you're the baddest
Baby, you're the baddest girl and uh
Nobody else matters
Nobody else matters girl and uh
We're kissing in the bathroom
We're kissing in the bathroom girl and uh
I hope nobody catch us
But I kinda hope they catch us"

"When I'm depressed you're someone I run to"

"Ooh girl, I wanna know
Are you ready to cry, cause I'm no good, no good
Ooh girl, I wanna try
I'm an awful guy and I'm always away
And I'm tryin' to say
I'mma piece of shit
Believe in this
I'm tellin' you
Cause we barely knew, what we had
I'm not that bad, the fun we had
Ooh"

Childish Gambino- "Kids (Keep Up)" from Camp

"If we were kids
I'd want to give you everything that you would want
Those other boys
They gave you toys, but all they wanna do is
Keep up
Keep up, keep up, keep up
That's all I want, keep up
Keep up with me, keep up
Keep up
Keep up, keep up, keep up
That's all I want, keep up
Keep up with me, keep up"

"The chips are up and on my shoulder, you heard me?
I take it out on girls who don't even deserve it"

"The only thing I put before me is do re
If you had told me the truth we’d be ok"

No comments:

Post a Comment